About the Department
The Department of Mechanical Engineering was established in the year 2007. The Department offers 4 year B.E Degree course in Mechanical Engineering with Dedicated and Experienced faculties, Three of them with Ph.D degrees and 22 others with M.E/ M.Tech degrees, drawn from industries and reputed academic institutions form the backbone of the department. The department was started with 60 students; later, the intake was increased to 120 because of the continuous good academic efforts and care taken by the department. In the years that followed, the department continued its success in education, placement and research.
- The department takes up the task of moulding the young minds to raise leadership capabilities for the future techno savvy based society.
- Foster a culture dedicated to learning and discovery and be known as a world-class center of innovation
- To achieve excellence in the academic delivery and curriculum planning pertaining to mechanical engineering by adding value based software and hardware addendums to the core subjects.
- To create excellent work culture and academic ambience to develop student centered innovative learning.
To provide students with soft skills and training programs to develop their overall personality and
Programme Outcomes (Pos)
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
The department has various facilities like “Skill Development Forum, Placement Training Forum, Project Training,” to develop student’s skills. The department has 14 Laboratories created with futuristic vision.
- Welding Shop
- Sheet Metal Shop
- Foundry Shop
- Fitting Shop
- Machine Shop (Manufacturing Technology Lab I & II)
- Fluid Mechanics Laboratory
- Strength of Materials Laboratory
- Thermal Engineering Laboratory
- Metrology & Measurements Laboratory
- Heat power Laboratory
- Mechatronics Laboratory
- Dynamics Laboratory
- CAD/CAM Laboratory
- Simulation & Analysis
Value Added Courses
The department has offered value added courses for the students to build up their Modeling and Designing skills with full equipped Designing Centre inside the campus.
- AutoCAD 2013
- Solid Works
- Pro-E Creo
- EDGE CAM
- MAT LAB
Name: Mr.P.Michael Joseph Stalin Designation: HOD Qualification: M.E Name: Mr.C.Sasikumar Designation: Assistant Professor Qualification: M.E Name: Mr.N.Amul Patel Designation: Assistant Professor Qualification: M.E Name: Mr.K.Saravanan Designation: Assistant Professor Qualification: M.E Name: Mr.R.Krishnakumar Designation: Assistant Professor Qualification: M.E Name: Mr.R.Karthik Designation: Assistant Professor Qualification: M.E Name: Mr.M.Kanagaraj Designation: Assistant Professor Qualification: M.E Name: Mr.V.Arun Prasath Designation: Assistant Professor Qualification: M.E