About the Department
The Department of Information Technology was established in the year 2007. The department aims to promote quality and value based education, enables the students to face the challenges of the technical society and creating awareness and encouraged to develop on the future trends of the IT Industry. The department has highly experienced & dedicated team of faculty, who are providing and maintaining high standards of teaching & learning.
To build a high caliber research and collegial teaching environment that responds swiftly to the challenges of the nation and the global society morally.
- To Provide the theoretical and applied foundations of computer science and train students to effectively apply this education to solve real-world problems thus amplifying their potential for lifelong high-quality careers and give them a competitive advantage in the ever-changing and challenging global work environment.
- Our graduates are developed as mastery to solve the complex technological problems of modern society and also provide a framework for promoting collaborative and multidisciplinary activities.
- To undertake collaborative projects which offer opportunities for long-term interaction with academia and industry.
- To build human potential to its fullest extent so that intellectually capable and imaginatively gifted leaders can emerge in a range of professions.
Programme Outcomes (Pos)
PO1: An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, computer science, and engineering as it applies to the fields of computer science and engineering.
PO2: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyses complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using principles of mathematics and engineering sciences.
PO3: An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to organize, analyze, implement solutions in engineering problems for public health and safety, and cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
PO4: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
PO5: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools, including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
PO6: Function effectively as an individual, and as member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
PO7: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with the society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
PO8: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
PO9: Apply professional, legal, ethical, responsibilities, and norms of the engineering practice.
PO10: Understand the impact of computing in a global, economic, environmental, societal context and need for sustainable development.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
Ranganathan Engineering College, Computer Science and Engineering program will prepare its graduates to,
- Work productively as successful Computer professionals in diverse career paths including supportive and leadership roles on multidisciplinary teams or be active in higher studies.
- Use their skills in ethical & professional manner to raise the satisfaction level of stakeholder’s and to improve societal change for career opportunities in industries, academics and entrepreneurial endeavors.
- Complete professional work assignments that exhibit the ability to design, develop and implement software while applying mathematical, computer science principles and practices to the solution of real problems.
The department of Infornmation Technology has computers with the latest hardware and software.
- Programming Language Laboratory
- Data Structures Laboratory
- DBMS Laboratory
- Multimedia Laboratory
- Visual Programming Laboratory
- OOPS Laboratory
- Open Source Laboratory
- CASE tools Laboratory
- Computer Network Laboratory
Value Added Courses
- High end networking facility (CISCO and D-LINK) for providing higher end certification training is available.
- DOT NET
Name: Mr.T.Tholhappiyan Designation: Assistant Professor Qualification: M.E Name: Mrs.P.Nirmala Designation: Assistant Professor Qualification: M.E Name: Mr.J.Manoj Prabhakar Designation: Assistant Professor Qualification: M.E