About the Department
Department of Civil Engineering was established during the academic year 2008-2009 with an intake of 60 students and it is increased to120 in the academic year 2011-2012. From the academic year 2013-2014, it offers M.E. Structural Engineering also. Our department consists of experienced faculty members and we have an impeccable internal infrastructure and lab facilities. The students and the faculty of the department also interact closely with the industry through internships, projects and research associations and hence they are updated with the trends in the industries. Association of Civil Engineering conducts association activities like Guest Lectures and Workshops for better knowledge and improvisation of students. Student Mentoring Program (SMP) has been conducted since the academic year 2012-2013. It is unique programme in association with Association of Consulting Civil Engineers (India), Coimbatore centre. Theoretical and practical aspects of Civil Engineering are taught through this programme which is needed to mould the students for industrial requirement. The students are taken to the sites and explained the practical nuance of civil engineering which is not covered by the syllabi and curriculum.
- To achieve excellent quality education and to attain sustainable development of society through the field of civil engineering.
- To produce technically qualified graduates to meet the global needs and practice the civil engineers in a professionally responsible and ethical manner.
- To carry out research in the area of infrastructure and eco-friendly technologies
- To impart training through the state of art laboratories and updated hardware and software.
- To serve society and the nation by providing professional civil engineers.
- Offering continuing education through visual and industrial training programs.
- Engages students in creating innovative design solutions that include realistic constraints such as Social, environmental, constructability, sustainability, and global considerations.
Programme Outcomes (Pos)
- Graduates will demonstrate a sound knowledge of basic mathematics and sciences as building blocks of the Civil Engineering discipline.
- Graduates will demonstrate ability to conduct tests, interpret the results and report them in a professional format.
- Graduates will demonstrate the ability to design Civil Engineering systems following specifications and meeting individual requirements.
- Graduates will demonstrate their ability as productive members of interdisciplinary design
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
The objectives of a programme can be broadly defined on three counts,
- To prepare graduates in Civil Engineering for successful careers dealing with analysis, design and management of infrastructural projects both in India and Abroad. Engage them in life-long learning through independent study and by participating in professional conferences, workshops, seminars, or continuing education.
- Work professionally in one or more of the following areas: environmental engineering, geotechnical engineering, structural engineering, transportation engineering, water resources engineering.
- Developed their communication skills in oral, written, visual and graphic modes when working as team members or leaders, so they can actively participate in their communities and their profession. Establish and understand the professionalism, ethics, and contribute to society to solve engineering problems and producing civil engineering solutions
- Strength of Materials Laboratory
- Survey Laboratory
- Fluid Mechanics anMachinery Laboratory
- Advanced structural Engineering laboratory
- Soil Mechanics Laboratory
- CAAD Laboratory
- Concrete Laboratory
- Environmental Engineering Laboratory
Value Added Courses
- Each specialization offers some special courses besides normal core and professional elective courses at both UG and PG level.
- The students are given opportunities to become familiar with software’s like Auto CAD, STAAD-Pro, ANSYS, Arc Map, Midas and Primavera etc. to analysis of practical civil engineering problems.
Name: Dr.R.Murugesan Designation: Professor Qualification: Ph.D Name: Dr.N.Nagarajan Designation: HOD Qualification: Ph.D Name: Mr.G.Noushad Designation: Assistant Professor Qualification: M.E Name: Ms.A.Anushiya Designation: Assistant Professor Qualification: M.E Name: Mr.T.Harish Designation: Assistant Professor Qualification: M.E Name: Mr.S.Yuvaraja Designation: Assistant Professor Qualification: M.E